|A detail of a piece from the last firing showing the translucency|
Wednesday, 13 April 2016
It has been quite some time since my last blog post. One of the main things that have occupied my time is developing a new clay body. I have been working with Bone china for some time now and the kaolin that I used in the body was no longer available and as a result I have been busy with numerous tests trying to recreate the body I had. I opened a firing today and I am really thrilled with the result. If anything, I think it is better than the previous body I had. The translucency is exceptional as is the whiteness. To say I am happy is an understatement!